Re: User Agent Switcher for Firefox to make GH easier to read for LV users

In Chrome you can also do this from the Dev Tools

  * Once you have opened the Developer Tools you select the "More Tools"
    option and select "Network Conditions"
  * In the Tab that opens you can deselect to select automatically
    choose the User Agent and instead select from a number of custom
    useragents.

Another way in Firefox, if you are feeling very adventurous is

  * Type "about:config" in the URL line
  * Agree to be careful
  * Type "general.useragent.override" in the Search text
  * Double Click the preference name you searched for in the results
  * Enter your new useragent string in the dialog that comes up
      o I use "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X)
        AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334
        Safari/7534.48.3" but I have been using this for some time and I
        should probably update my useragent string.
  * To undo this, use the same steps but instead of double clicking,
    right click and choose reset from the popup menu.

Regards,
James

On 2/20/2017 2:48 PM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 20/02/2017 22:10, Thaddeus . wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> On Feb 20, 2017 1:25 PM, "Joshue O Connor" <josh@interaccess.ie
>> <mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>> wrote:
>>

>>>     Wayne Dick <mailto:wayneedick@gmail.com>
>>>     20 February 2017 at 18:47
>>>     Patrick gave me a link to a mobile phone spoofer for Firefox,
>>>     called User Agent Switcher. So I can read Github easily now.
>>     I'm really glad to hear that you can access GH better now. This
>>     would be good for other members of the LVTF -
>>     so maybe share the extension with the group.
>
> User Agent Switcher for Firefox
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/ is
> what I suggested to Wayne...but it seems that (since it's quite old)
> it's not working all too well nowadays (seems to somehow forget the
> defined user agents).
>
> This one
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher-revived/
> seems to be more up-to-date, but the interface is a tad more confusing.
>
> There are a few other similar extensions around, but in essence the
> main point is: set it to pretend to be a mobile device, like an
> iPhone, and then visit GitHub - this will switch GH to the mobile
> fluid/single-column view

Regards, James

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
James Nurthen | Principal Engineer, Accessibility
Phone: +1 650 506 6781 <tel:+1%20650%20506%206781> | Mobile: +1 415 987
1918 <tel:+1%20415%20987%201918> | Video: james.nurthen@oracle.com
<sip:james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Oracle Corporate Architecture
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Cty, CA 94065