Re: LVTF question

Hi Jon,

This SC sets metrics for a normative testable baseline. Testable
values (Verdana/white&black/EMs) are intended to provide a standard
baseline, any particular user is likely to choose different values
(especially font & color). The point is that this baseline is used to
test the layout and functionality, and if it works then it is robust
enough for certain user-adaptations (up to a point).

White on black was chosen because if that combination works, 99% of
all other combinations should be able to be overridden.

The plan is to start testing sites with these metrics on the various
user-agent tools, primarily bookmarklets created specifically for
this. See where problems surface. Adjust measures if needed. And then
provide techniques.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

--