From: David MacDonald [mailto:david@can-adapt.com]
Sent: 09 February 2017 17:17
To: Michael Pluke <Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com>
Cc: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>; EA Draffan <ead@ecs.soton.ac.uk>; WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>; Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; Glenda Sims <glenda.sims@deque.com>; Gregg C Vanderheiden <greggvan@umd.edu>
Subject: Re: Timing Adjustable: does it apply to timeout from inactivity (no mouse, keyboard activity)

>>I’d be happier to imagine a world where some users are unavoidably timed out of sessions (for security reasons or reasons beyond their control) but where they could always guarantee to re-enter the session at the same point without having lost any entered information and choices made.

Me too... I believe there were some difficulties in getting that through in WCAg 2. We really tried, but security people shot it down...maybe this time around we can scope out those situations that are concerning about storing data that the user filled in... perhaps we could say something like

"...preserving all of the data entered and steps completed by the user, and allowing them to return to the step at which they were forcibly logged out... if such data was stored and is retrievable."

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902