Re: does anyone currently fail colour contrast for text in timed media

I can't see why poor contrast of captions should not fail SC 1.4.3. Why just advisory? Captions are clearly a form of text, and screenshots can provide clear evidence of failure.
In audits I frequently see white caption text on transparent grey background which means contrast is FAR below 4.5:1 whenever the video background happens to be bright.
Detlev

--
Detlev Fischer
testkreis c/o feld.wald.wiese

Mobil +49 (0)157 57 57 57 45
Fax +49 (0)40 439 10 68-5

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites