Re: Important - we need consensus on what is sufficient support

Hi Leonie

If I understand you correctly having two browser extensions for different popular browsers would address the need for interoperability for each feature that is supported.
Is that correct?

All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 16:08:11 +0200 Léonie Watson<tink@tink.uk> wrote ----

It is my understanding that each feature of the specification needs to
conform to the interoperability requirements of the W3C Process [1].

This generally means that there are independent and publicly available
UAs that implement each feature of the spec. The accepted minimum is two
implementations for each feature.

For example: the ARIA specifications use accessibility APIs (which are
supported in browsers) as the basis for interoperability. The HTML spec
uses browsers as its primary means of demonstrating interoperability.

So websites and apps that implement a particular feature/solution are
not valid implementations in this context, but browsers, browser
extensions and other publicly available UAs are.

Léonie
[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/raw-file/default/cover.html
--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem