Re: Issue 59: not for WCAG 2.1?

On 31/01/2017 20:00, Andrew Kirkpatrick wrote:
> Issue 59 (https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/59) has been proposed to
> be deferred for another time. As I see it, there are two ways that this
> can happen:
>
>  1. No one does anything further with it, and it sits until we
>     eventually say “I guess it is too late now…”
>  2. We explicitly determine that it doesn’t fit into the WCAG 2.x model
>     or for some other reason decide to defer it (defer might be to 2.1,
>     silver, or tbd).
>
> My understanding is that this issue, which essentially requires that
> functionality can be operated with pointer inputs, is affecting all
> users and is not differentially having an adverse affect on users with
> disabilities.

As said already on GH, I'd be in favor of retiring this, but there are
many related concepts (not least of which potential of revisiting some
of the language of 2.1.1 to make it a tad more general/cover more
keyboard-like interfaces and input methods - see also
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/63#issuecomment-276348268 /
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/71#issuecomment-276343109 /
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/62#issuecomment-276341929

Patrick H. Lauke