RE: Automated and manual testing process

From: Shwetank Dixit [mailto:shwetank@barrierbreak.com]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 11:10 AM

Human expert testing is still essential here as many of these require judgement calls on things which might otherwise be  passed by existing automated tools in some cases (false positives etc) or in some cases are simply not testable yet with existing tools.

Having said that, I think we need the make sure that SCs minimize the use of subjective criteria as much as possible (won't be possible all the time, but we should continue to strive toward it). Not just for the sake of automated testting, but also for better clarity and consistency amongst interpretations by humans.
[Jason] It seems to me that a tendency of well informed evaluators to agree in their judgments (i.e., high inter-rater reliability) is good evidence that a requirement is not “subjective” – that is, it refers to a real and well defined property of the content.

Thank you for your compliance.