RE: New Wiki page with SC text proposals to combine issues 79, 78, and 74

Alistair,

Ø  I guess you would have to wheedle text-only resizing in to somehow fail sites according to 1.4.4?

No. The issue happens with normal browser zoom – I am using chrome on Wndows.

Ø  (I hadn’t thought this was controversial, as Jared pointed it out a while ago [1]).
I’m sorry – but when you live with this on a daily basis it becomes more than an academic discussion.

I’m not judging/picking on any of these pages – just providing them as evidence of an issue.

Keep in mind I use low resolution like 1024x768 and even 800x600 – so some of the issues I run into may be encountered at a different zoom level for me.  Also keep in mind that these example I found in 5 minutes.  I could find more/better ones that might trigger at different zoom levels.

Online presentations includes collaboration tools have an issues where zooming in actually causes some content to get smaller!
http://www.slidesnack.com/templates-examples/online-presentation-examples#1

One example of snap scrolling where the text is cut off but you can’t scroll to it.
http://guidobouman.github.io/jquery-panelsnap/

Example where content is off the right edge but there is no horizontal scrollbar.
https://css-tricks.com/examples/ScrollingSidebar/

Another example is floating fixed potion content.
http://www.w3schools.com/jquerymobile/tryit.asp?filename=tryjqmob_toolbars_fixed

Header text overlaps content
https://css-tricks.com/persistent-headers/

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com<mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
703.637.8957 (Office)

Visit us online: Website<http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/SSBBARTGroup> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ssbbartgroup> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/355266?trk=tyah> | Blog<http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/>
See you at CSUN in March!<http://info.ssbbartgroup.com/CSUN-2017_Sessions.html>

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.