Re: New Wiki page with SC text proposals to combine issues 79, 78, and 74

Great recap Laura - thank you!

I think that one area this WG will need to be in accord over is this:
"...then the author has no responsible to create one.", as others on this
list are now suggesting that the intent of "Mechanism exists" was to signal
that if it wasn't native (to the OS/browser/Assistive Technology, or
combination thereof), it was the responsibility of the content author to
provide one.

I recognize that currently your proposals do not have this language
present, however as we go deeper into the need for personalization (etc.),
if we keep expecting the author to provide not only the ability, but a
widget to do so, we're going to experience significant push-back down the
road.

I like your final "Option 13" and could support that language (although, be
careful of copy-and-paste errors: it should read "...then the author has no
*responsibility* to create one.)

JF

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com

--