Re: Combine 79, 78, and 74 SCs? (was Re: Mechanism Disclaimer)

> On Jan 22, 2017, at 2:26 PM, White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org> wrote:
>
> Features of the technologies relied upon by the content are not used in a way that would restrict the ability, if any, of user agents to change foreground and background colors, font family​, ​or the spacing between characters, words, lines, or paragraphs

I think this is the best of the lot — but it still is hard to interpret if you don’t know in advance what it is trying to get at -  AND why it is written with so many clauses….

Here is an explanation (as far as I understand it) for what we are saying and why.

Not all technologies have a way for users to change the foreground and background colors, font family​, ​or the spacing between characters, words, lines, or paragraphs.  But for those that do, such as HTML for text content, the Author should not use features in a way that would prevent these modifications.

Hmmmm

how about.
For those web technologies that allow user agents to change the foreground and background colors, font family​, ​or the spacing between characters, words, lines, or paragraphs, nothing is done in the content to prevent these modifications.

OR
Web content technologies are not used in a way that would prevent users from changing the foreground and background colors, font family​, ​or the spacing between characters, words, lines, or paragraphs, where the technologies used can allow such changes.