Re: Mechanism Disclaimer

On 20/01/2017 14:21, David MacDonald wrote:
> So in layman's terms I think what the SC is saying is "Don't get in the
> way of user style sheets by sticking "!important" on classes of your
> style sheets."

I think Alastair already tackled this, but to be clear: no, user agents
that implement proper user stylesheets (rather than simply trying to
append styles to the document, like certain extensions do) will still
override things even if marked as !important. Authors are following the
correct and expected CSS standard here, it's the extensions/user agents
that need to follow this as well.

Patrick H. Lauke