Re: Mechanism Disclaimer

On 20/01/2017 11:00, Alastair Campbell wrote:

> It would help if we could build in the assumption that it is allowing
> the user to achieve something, for example:
>
> “Changing the font-family used on a web page does not cause loss of
> content or functionality.”
>

> Techniques for that will include things like not relying on font-icons
> to convey important information.

Agree, this seems to more appropriately convey the desired end result.
(though now I'm wondering what the relationship to, say, native apps
would be, where the OS likely doesn't provide mechanism, and authors
WOULD have to code something up themselves - or were these exempt even
in the current wording?)

Patrick H. Lauke