From: David MacDonald [mailto:david@can-adapt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:45 PM
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Regarding merging overlapping SCs

I've been thinking about the overlapping issues and have a few thoughts and suggestions. There are not too many overlaps but there are a few. Given that our first draft is in 6 weeks, I think we shouldn't focus too much on combining them. I find it's a lot of work that takes away from moving on to other SCs to get them ready... what if we just focus on managing the SCs separately, unless there is an easy win on combining? We could  list possible overlaps in the draft, and let the public respond.

Here's the groups of overlaps I see.

Issue 9, 10 and 36.

https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/10

https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/9