From: Mike Elledge [mailto:melledge@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 4:35 PM
To: David MacDonald; White, Jason J
Cc: Glenda Sims; Andrew Kirkpatrick; josh@interaccess.ie; lisa.seeman; Detlev Fischer; WCAG
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Should we require labels to be always visible?

Hi All--

What if an input field of type "search" has a placeholder of "Search this page" associated with a button labeled "Search", eg.:

  <form role="search" class="inLine search" >
    <input type="search" placeholder="Search this site" aria-label="search this site"/>
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
  </form>

[Inline image]

WAVE and aXe both pass it...could the submit button text be considered a visible label?

Mike