Re: Length of line

Hi Laura,

Yes, and thanks for reminding me of that, although I am unsure whether
Wayne is/was using Gmail to respond to this thread. Still, it is a useful
metric to keep in mind.

However, if I am to understand the proposed SC requirement here, I should
be able to somehow shorten those line-lengths to nothing greater than 25
characters, and how to do that consistently across multiple web-sites /
web-pages is unclear as this time.

What does the page author have to do (or not do) to ensure that users who
have this requirement can meet success? I believe I understand the need
that is driving this proposed SC, but have not seen any technique or
example of how this could be achieved.

I also continue to struggle with the intersection between line length,
font-face and size, fixed view-port widths, and the issues around
horizontal scrolling, as it seems you cannot have it all (i.e. at a fixed
width of a device - say a cell phone - if you enlarge your text to be very
large (I'm seeing 400% being tossed around a fair bit as a new normal),
then even 25 characters will very likely introduce horizontal scrolling,
due to the sheer size of each character.)

JF