Re: Research on frequency and severity of failures

>I'm guessing when you say an issue, you are not talking about the number
of instances of that (type of) issue but just the issue itself, such as
"Missing heading tags for visual headings" being one issue, for which
there may be 100's of instances.

For clarity, I'm interested in both -- quantitative information on number
of occurrences for any single Success Criterion (how many instances) as
well as relative frequency of occurrences across all the WCAG Success
Criteria (how many criteria failed).

Michael Gower
IBM Accessibility

From:   David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
To:     Michael Gower/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
Cc:     Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>, WCAG
<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2017-01-10 07:21 AM
Subject:        Re: Research on frequency and severity of failures

>>In a typical audit we usually get 10-14 level-A issues, 4-7 AA issues,
is that the same for others?

I'm guessing when you say an issue, you are not talking about the number
of instances of that (type of) issue but just the issue itself, such as
"Missing heading tags for visual headings" being one issue, for which
there may be 100's of instances.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902
LinkedIn
twitter.com/davidmacd
GitHub
www.Can-Adapt.com

  Adapting the web to all users
            Including those with disabilities

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Michael Gower <michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>
wrote:
Alastair wrote:In a typical audit we usually get 10-14 level-A issues, 4-7
AA issues, is that the same for others?

When I was working on a model for accelerating accessibility, I had very
similar questions not only about the relevance of WCAG levels, but the
nature, frequency, severity and remediation efforts for accessibility
issues. I've identified this as a research opportunity, as I did not find
much useful data. I'd welcome any references, data sources or
non-anecdotal findings on this topic.

Michael Gower