Re: Should we require labels to be always visible?

Hi Patrick,

Notes are non-normative:

Working Group Note, Interest Group Note (NOTE)A Working Group Note or
Interest Group Note is published by a chartered Working Group or Interest
Group to provide a stable reference for a useful document that is not
intended to be a formal standard, or to document work that was abandoned
without producing a Recommendation.
(https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/raw-file/default/cover.html#recs-and-notes)

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 06/01/2017 19:00, Gregg C Vanderheiden wrote:
>
> 3) NOTES  cannot add or detract from the normative statement.  They can
>> only explain.
>>

> So notes are non-normative? I seem to recall being told (quite a few
> months ago, on this list) that notes are normative...so which is it?

> Patrick H. Lauke

John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist
Deque Systems Inc.