RE: Should we require labels to be always visible?

+1 on close proximity :)

                    Erich Manser
                    IBM
                    Accessibility,
                    IBM Research
                    Littleton,
                    MA / tel:
                    978-696-1810
                    Search for
                    accessibility
                    answers

You don't need eyesight to have vision.

From: "Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL" <ryladog@gmail.com>
To: "'David MacDonald'" <david100@sympatico.ca>, "'lisa.seeman'"
            <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>, "'WCAG'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date: 01/06/2017 11:23 AM
Subject: RE: Should we require labels to be always visible?

David and Lisa,

I am thinking it would help cognitive, but also low vision users – for the
visible label text to remain to remain in very close proximity……

​​​​​* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Principal ICT Accessibility Architect (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)

Cell: 703-371-5545 | ryladog@gmail.com | Oakton, VA | LinkedIn Profile |
Office: 703-371-5545 | @ryladog

NOTE: The content of this email should be construed to always be an
expression of my own personal independent opinion, unless I identify that I
am speaking on behalf of Knowbility, as their AC Rep at the W3C - and -
that my personal email never expresses the opinion of my employer, Deque
Systems.