Re: should we say "critical controls" or just "controls".

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 07:56:38 +0000
To: Detlev Fischer <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>
CC: "W3c-Wai-Gl-Request@W3. Org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Detlev wrote:
> Are there any implementations of the COGA Semantics to Enable Personalization that can be looked at / tried out and that would show the benefits of, four example, adding icons via coga-action or coga-destination?

The github repo for a demo is here:
https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation

And I the live demo based on that is here:
http://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html

I grabbed some screenshots for an article for those that can see them:
https://alastairc.ac/2017/02/four-levels-of-accessibility-customisation/#customisation

It is one thing to create a demo specifically for the purpose, but a better test would be to apply it to a real website, or even one page saved off from a website. The reason I put customisation/personalisation as the highest of the levels is the impact on the site:
https://alastairc.ac/2017/02/four-levels-of-accessibility-customisation/#customisation

The links Lisa sent around using the product layered on top were generally applying changes at level 2 on my list (overriding author styles without impacting layout). Adding icons and adjusting the number of links in a nav is at level 4 because of the design and testing overhead.

Cheers,

-Alastair