From: Joshue O Connor [mailto:josh@interaccess.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 1:04 PM
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: CFC Add Device Sensors to Editors Draft

Call For Consensus — ends Friday June 23rd at 1:00pm Boston time.

The Working Group has reviewed and approved a Success Criterion for inclusion in the Editor’s Draft: "Device Sensors" with the goal of obtaining additional input external to the working group.

NOTE: The resolution  was to Accept this SC into editors draft and include a note to say that the preference of the group is to alter an existing SC rather than add a new one.

SC TEXT:

"All functionality of the content can be operated without requiring specific device sensor information unless the device sensor is essential for the function and not using it would invalidate the activity."

Survey results:
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Top3_18Apr2017/results

GIT Hub: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/67

The new SC can be reviewed here:
https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/device-sensors_ISSUE-67/guidelines/sc/21/device-sensors.html

If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you “not being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know before the CfC deadline.

Thanks
--
Joshue O Connor
Director | InterAccess.ie