Re: CJK Letters some questions so I can compute font family sizes.

Hi Christophe,

Thanks again for a detailed and well researched response. There is a wealth
of information here.

Wayne, as you are continuing your measurement calculations, have you also
taken into account Ruby content (https://www.w3.org/TR/ruby/)? I'm not sure
how this will impact your experiments, but it strikes me there *may* be an
issue, or at a minimum, the need for some kind of exception to address Ruby
text, which by design is intended to be smaller than the "base font".

<ruby>
  <rb>WWW</rb>
  <rt>World Wide Web</rt>
</ruby>

*Figure 1.4*: Example of simple ruby markup

This may be rendered as follows:

[image: At the bottom left, three large letters reading 'WWW'. On top of
them, in smaller letters, the text 'World Wide Web'. To the right, arrows
and text saying 'ruby base' (bottom) and 'ruby text' (top).]

*Figure 1.5*: Example of rendering for simple ruby markup in Figure 1.4
<https://www.w3.org/TR/ruby/#fig1.4>
​(source: https://www.w3.org/TR/ruby/#simple-ruby1)

JF

--