Re: Mean character width for 16px Google Fonts (818 Families)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 10:50:31 -0500
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>, GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Wayne,

Thank you very much for doing this research. Based on this new
information, do you still consider the spacing metrics in the Adapting
Text SC [1] adequate for when a large font-family is selected and/or
increased spacing is applied to text? It currently is:

* line spacing (leading) to at least 1.5
* letter spacing (tracking) to at least 0.12 em
* word spacing to at least 0.16 em

Do we need to increase it or is it still okay?

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

[1] https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/78