From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: 24 May 2017 19:33
To: Gregg C Vanderheiden <greggvan@umd.edu>
Cc: w3c-waI-gl@w3. org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Proposal for moving COGA SC forward

As I see it, a “pillar” is a somewhat theoretical construct, but ultimately there would need to be a guideline that is aligned with each of the pillars for COGA support.

The guideline may exist already, or it may need to be made. In the COGA roadmap document there are eight tables of user needs, some of which are task-specific like “authentication” and others are very broad like “simple and clear interface”. We will be looking at these to see what can be reused, as well as whether these are covered by an existing guideline or not.

This is quite similar to the work that the Mobile TF has done, resulting in additional guidelines being suggested.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility