Re: CFC: Target Size and Target Size (no exception) SC

to make it clearer

Here are my three issues / questions

This appears to include links.
If not - then why is it important to have these large and not links.  If they can’t operate the links why is it important to operate these
if it DOES include links then we are forcing authors to never have small links on the page - even at the very bottom.  Everything has to be big.
(check my math but does this mean that all links on a page have to be in something like 33 point font?   That can’t be right — too late at night but that is what the online calculator says 44px would be)

Why does the author have to make these big for everyone — when users can easily (if the content meets other SC) just use the  CTRL+  (or equiv)  to make everything bigger so they can use it.
why force everyone to have things large when it is so easy for the user who needs it to make theirs larger?

Why does “customizable” exception exclude magnification.   Does this mean ZOOM is ok but Magnification is not?
if ZOOM is OK   then maybe it should say  “

> Customizable: A mechanism is available to change the size of the target independent of the level of page magnification but not independent of Zoom.

(if I am missing something let me know)

(these seem to be show stoppers for me unless I am missing something (which is entirely possible) )

PS please address all three

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu