RE: Resize content - questions remaining

Hi Greg,

Your point is well taken, but that’s your normative interpretation of the text.  The change is on the table because that’s not everyone else’s normative interpretation, and I’m not so sure their argument is without basis given the note on 1.3.3.  Editorial changes are not somehow mutually exclusive from normative changes.

Steve

From: Gregg C Vanderheiden [mailto:greggvan@umd.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 12:15 AM
To: Repsher, Stephen J <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com>
Cc: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; w3c-waI-gl@w3. org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Resize content - questions remaining

On May 18, 2017, at 11:15 AM, Repsher, Stephen J <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com<mailto:stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com>> wrote:
previous discussion pretty much went along the lines of: We can’t change anything about current WCAG 2.0 SCs. (See the thread on “Discussion on SC numbering” from December.)
[Steve] Yes, I remember and I was very opposed to it.  I think the proposed change to Sensory Characteristics may begin to open that door.

Just for clarity..

There is no normative change to “sensory characteristics” being proposed.   Only something that is purely editorial.

Color is ALREADY completely included in the SC by the current wording.    You just have to think a minute to see that.   Adding it specifically in the list only moves it from the phrase at the end of the sentence “other….”   to the list in the middle.

So there I no normative change to the SC and it does not need to be done - but is only done for convenience and clarity.  It could also just be mentioned in the Understanding WCAG 2.0 doc.

Gregg