RE: Errata on WCAG 2.0 1.3.3 and 1.4.1

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: woensdag 17 mei 2017 20:17
To: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Errata on WCAG 2.0 1.3.3 and 1.4.1

I agree that color is still included whether color is in the list or not, just as “scent” would be since both are sensory characteristics. Given that some people have been confused by it there is no issue in regarding this as an editorial change that doesn’t affect the normative meaning.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility
Adobe

akirkpat@adobe.com
http://twitter.com/awkawk

On 5/17/17, 14:01, "Sailesh Panchang" <sailesh.panchang@deque.com> wrote:

>Hi Andrew,
>
>My point is that adding color is not an omission or an error that needs
>to be addressed by an errata to WCAG 2.0. The words 'such as'
>covers it.
>Else:
>remove the words 'such as' and list all attributes such as shape,
>location, color etc. exhaustively within the SC.
>That note really does not add or detract from the SC ... it is simply
>confuses one. Removing it will  get rid of a distraction. That can be
>addressed by an errata.
>
>The Understanding doc for WCAG 2.0 can clarify that SC 1.3.3 also
>includes color (and any other attributes not presently listed). That
>will be in keeping with the framework of the Understanding doc ...
>explain / clarify and not add / detract to the SC.
>Thanks and best wishes,
>Sailesh
>

>.
>
>On 5/17/17, Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com> wrote:
>>>Adding 'color' to the SC now will make one conclude with certainty
>>>that WCAG 2.0 does not include  or mean to include 'color' for SC
>>>1.3.3.
>>
>> Actually, the first step is to add this to the editorial errata list
>> for WCAG 2.0, which will make one conclude with certainty that WCAG
>> 2.0 does include color in 1.3.3. Does that make sense? Then, since
>> the change is editorial we will make the textual change in WCAG 2.1
>> to avoid people needing to check the errata (which people generally don’t do).
>>
>> AWK

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.