Re: Issue #69: Character key commands

and what is the damage if they do?     All actions are reversible that I can see.   Maybe change this to  “if not reversible"

how is this different than many other places that are MUCH more catastrophic — like  when it says  “DELETE ALL? “   OK CANCEL   and bumping the  spacebar or  return   (or  “o”?)  will delete all?

I am not sure I have seen a serious enough problem to write an SC to solve it.

REMEMBER - every SC you add weakens all the rest.    There were several things that we did not make an SC out of in WCAG 2.0 because we didn’t think the problem was worth it.     WCAG was already long enough - and each SC we added made it harder to sell.    2.1 should not make WCAG 2.0 longer except for good reasons— addressing real problems.

I’m not judging this one yet — still waiting for comments.  But as a matter of principle, we should make sure that there is a real demonstrable problem before we create another SC.

 anyone else have any examples of where this is a real problem that can’t be solved with a  simple keystroke to reverse it?

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu