Re: Issue #69: Character key commands

On 16/05/2017 06:45, Gregg C Vanderheiden wrote:
[...]
> But I can’t think of the disadvantage.
>
> can someone help me here?

[...]
>   * it prevents the user from using the ‘e’ key for anything else — but
>     (since this only happens if they have focus on the page — and there
>     is nothing that the ‘e’ key can do on the page when not in edit mode
>     — I’m missing the problem.

I have made this particular point many times before as well...these
single-key commands would only trigger accidentally in situations where
the user is not on a control/element that is editable. However, it seems
that the main concern is accidental unintended triggering (e.g. by
overeager speech recognition, or by unintentionally hitting a key on the
keyboard).

Patrick H. Lauke