Re: Technolog Agnostic / Independent

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com> wrote:
> This 2.1 project has reached a breaking point for the old notion of one SC for all technologies.

Hi Dick

Curious as to what you mean here by technologies..

 You mean hardware technologies or software technologies?

If you mean hardware — how does an author know what device the person is viewing it on?
And if they did - Are we requiring that all pages have alternate versions for different hardware?
Or are you saying a page designed for computer screens would conform if it was served to computers but not if it was ever served to mobile devices?

If you mean software technologies — do you mean we should have different guidelines for different web technologies?

thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu