Re: Adapting Text proposals for next week's survey. (was Re: Adding Greg L's Adapting Text proposals to the Wiki in anticipation of a vote between J&K and H&I)

> On Apr 14, 2017, at 6:36 AM, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gregg,
>
> Ah. I understand now. Thanks. I suspect we wouldn't be able to define
> "it"  or restructure the sentence to everyone's satisfaction.

Why not?    just replace  IT with what IT means.

> Lets' find out what happens with Proposal L&M on the survey.

I think we are slipping backwards.  I thought we resolved this before but …

the language
Except for images of text and captions, text styles of the page can be overridden as follows with no loss of essentialcontent or functionality.
assumes that all technologies allow this -  and therefore outlaws all technologies that do not.

So anything that doesn’t have style sheets or similar mechanism will not be able to conform to 2.1?

or am I missing something?