Re: CFC: Resolution to accept the candidate SC 'Accidental Activation'

On 11/04/2017 19:19, Andrew Kirkpatrick wrote:
> To be clear for everyone, the language being accepted is
> at https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/accidental-activation_ISSUE-65//guidelines/#accidental-activation
>
> Here’s the SC text:
>
> For single-pointer activation, at least one of the following is true:
>
>   * Activation is on the up event, either explicitly or implicitly as a
>     platform's generic activation/click event;
>   * A mechanism is available that allows the user to choose the up-event
>     as an option;
>   * Confirmation is provided, which can dismiss activation;
>   * Activation is reversible;
>   * Down-event activation event is essential and waiting for the
>     up-event would invalidate the activity.

That last bullet looks like an exception for the first two bullets,
rather than an extra "at least one of these is true" items...but I guess
that's an editorial tweak. Glad to see the substance has been accepted.

--
Patrick H. Lauke