From: White, Jason J [mailto:jjwhite@ets.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:43 PM
To: Alastair Campbell; Matt Garrish
Cc: 'WCAG'; 'Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken'; 'George Kerscher'; 'Charles LaPierre'; 'Avneesh Singh'
Subject: RE: DPUB Set of Web Pages

From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:29 PM
To: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org<mailto:jjwhite@ets.org>>; Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com<mailto:matt.garrish@gmail.com>>

Things like ePub files and web-apps are far most focused than most websites, they are a cohesive unit, so they actually fit the definition *better* than websites do.

[Jason] I agree with this observation. The problem is that a compressed archive uploaded to a server is addressed by a single URI, so there is reason to conclude that it satisfies the definition of a “Web page” – it’s a “a non-embedded resource obtained from a single URI using HTTP”.

If it’s an archive, however, don’t we actually want it to be treated by looking at the resources which it contains as a set of Web pages, rather than by considering the entire archive file as though it were a single “Web page” for conformance purposes?

If that’s indeed what we want, then we at least need an exception or clarification stating that an archive, container or similar aggregate of resources obtained from a single URI is a set of Web pages; it should be treated for conformance purposes as though the resources it contains were individually obtainable via HTTP.

I hope this at least clarifies where I see the difficulties in this discussion.

Thank you for your compliance.