RE: DPUB Set of Web Pages

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:33 AM

I think including a epub example in a set of web pages wouldn't preclude a more specific definition of epub at a later time, or even in a later version of WCAG ... on the other hand, maybe we could introduce a new term in 2.1 if we have it very soon.

[Jason] Has the Mobile Accessibility Task Force addressed this issue in any of its proposals? As I mentioned earlier in the thread, their challenge with mobile applications based on Web technologies raises the same difficulties for the definition of “Web page”.
It just seems to me that "a set of web pages" and inherent in that the "web page definition" of the base URL and associated assets, is a perfect short term definition that would accomplish what George mentioned about working epub into the web page framework so that the WCAG Success Criteria can explicitly apply to epub.
[Jason] Regrettably, I don’t understand the proposal here. What concrete change would you make to the definitions, if any? The application of the current “Web page” definition to compressed archives is, at best, ambiguous by my reading of it.

Thank you for your compliance.