From: josh@interaccess.ie [mailto:josh@interaccess.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 3:23 PM
To: Chakravarthula, Srinivasu <srchakravarthula@informatica.com>; WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re[2]: Colour Luminosity/Contrast for form inputs/controls/components

Hi Srinivasu,

No, I do think we need a better bar/clearer guidance here.
The closest I can find it G183: Using a contrast ratio of 3:1 with surrounding text and providing additional visual cues on focus for links or controls where color alone is used to identify them [1]

This could arguably cover a situation where there is a custom radio button that needs to be selected. However, the luminosity ration seems low to me.

Also I don't feel that the SCs are clear on the importance of having good colour luminosity for UI components.

So this may be something that the LVTF is looking at already but I want to see what the group feels about this so thanks for the feedback.

Josh

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20161007/G183