RE: CFC: Silver TF Work Statement

+1 to Gregg’s paragraph and to his partial but insightful list of upcoming technological developments.

From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gregg@raisingthefloor.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:10 PM
To: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Cc: GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: CFC: Silver TF Work Statement

Sounds fine to me.

Was just trying to make it sound like more than just  "and future technologies”  that sounds more like boiler plate.    Was trying to point to at least one development (perhaps the most disruptive development) that really calls for us to rethink accessibility going forward.     But we also need to look at the marriage of content and authorship and user agents.  soooo

how about the following  to stimulate with out focusing on just what I had.

I think this will be the most read paragraph — and it is good to get people thinking broadly ( I think just saying Future tech will not inspire any thought —  nor inspire any forward thinking people or technologists to join us - which we need.   )

but this is not a  MUST HAVE if people are not comfortable adding it.   I just think it makes the objective more interesting — and get us thinking beyond “fixing/adding SC” .
Objective
The objective of the task force is to perform preliminary development of a new version of Accessibility Guidelines following a research-focused, user-centered design methodology to produce the most effective and flexible outcome. Code-named "Silver", these guidelines will address the process of making content and functionality accessible to people with disabilities, including the roles of content authoring, user agent support, and authoring tool support. These guidelines will address current technological and cultural web accessibility requirements, but also look to where the web and broadening internet technologies are headed (conversational interfaces, the merging of content and authoring, access beyond http, custom user agents, and more), in order to provide a base for continued evolution of the guidelines.

gregg