Re[2]: CfC: Approve draft charter for AC review

>To those influential people who pushed the ‘2 year agile-like normative
>timeline’ agenda,

Katie - with all due respect, I just don't understand what that means.
We are all 'influencers' here - including you.
So if the remaining parts of this message are directed at any particular
individuals/members I fail to have a clear understanding of who they
are.
As far as I'm concerned everyone who is actively involved in this
discussion is a valued source of influence.

>If the draft Charter is approved by the AC, to help this WG meet the
>IMHO unrealistic goal that was originally identified, but then not
>*really* compromised upon (transparently within the WG itself, as it
>should have been) up to a IMHO more-hopeful-still-unrealistic 3 year
>timeline --

Your opinion is noted (and your previous input/comments have also been
appreciated). Note, everything relating to this charter has been discuss
ad naseam with the group in full transparency. So I kindly ask you to
not imply that it was not. That is partly why this process takes so much
time.

>Let me suggest a few things:

Again - I'm not sure who these suggestions are for, so I won't comment
on them directly. If you have comments for the chairs or any TF/sub
group, please qualify them by stating who they are directed at.
I'm not trying to be funny here, btw.

>Please do NOT:
>

>[...]
>

>·         Use that influence to merely criticize SC work and content
>put forward by others
>(be leaders, be useful, provide WCAG 2.1 content or alternate content
>for others to critique)
>

>​​​​​
>
>Please DO:
>

>·         Use your powerful influence to recruit more knowledgable
>people to join the WG
>(and not just those that agree with you)

I will comment on these two points. I urge you to please not to make
these kinds of comments; implying that any members will use their
influence to 'merely criticize' or only interact with those who have the
same perspective. This language does not help/clarify any of the points
that you are making and in effect, dilutes them. Respectful discourse is
required here, even more so now, as this is a time where there is a
divergence in opinions/wants.

>[...]
>

>What I have read in the minutes of yesterday’s WG meeting, sounds a bit
>more hopeful (in my mind). There is a long way to go before the Charter
>is complete and approved, hopefully we will get useful input from W3M
>and the AC.

Yes. As you say, there is another review cycle and (to re-state for
transparency) we will then iterate the charter based on that feedback.
So nothing is fait accompli and we still have a way to go.
Some people who are AC reps on this group, will again have their chance
to provide further constructive feedback in that forum.

Thanks

Josh