Re: charter update with two year cycle

>>5 years later? 7 years? 10 years? "We don't know"?

That's right we don't. If we had shipped WCAG 2 in 2006 when we were in the
final cycle, without getting it right we would have been a colossal
failure. Those two years until 2008 enabled us to address 1200 public
comments and emerge with no formal objections and one of the most
successful standards in history. Personally, I suffered tremendously
financially during those two years of volunteering, I had plenty of
incentive to get something out there to consult on. But I'm glad I waited.

> PwD need this guidance

Let's agree not invoke shrill rhetoric at those who have a different idea
of how to do this successfully.  I think the people of this WG know where
my heart is.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*