Re: charter update with two year cycle

The threshold effect.

This is why fixed dated cycles are problematic. There are guidelines that
exist in groups and are useful alone. 1.1.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 are one
example. If you are non visual you cannot use the keyboard without knowing
where your focus lands, and you cannot use the keyboard long with traps
everywhere.

In the case of cognitive and low vision you need entire sets of content
changes to get real access. It is not a question of all or nothing, it is a
question of enough to be something. I don't think the LVTF is close enough
to a quanta that works to say, "Here is a minimal effective set."

Why is this true? Many disabilities are not as on or off as visual vs.
non-visual (I know there are subtleties to non-visual access). Of a set of
say 7 accessible content criteria maybe 3 or 4 are needed help most
individuals, but that 3 or 4 criteria change a with the individual. For
most individuals in these groups if you give them 2 of 3 needs, you might
as well give  0 because the  partial set will prevent access to something
important like reading.

Once we have all disabilities covered, we can discuss periodic release
goals. Right now we need to get basic access working for cognitive and LV
and a 2-year plan is no enough.

Wayne