RE: should we have a 2 year refresh cycle or a 4-5 year refresh cycle

In case I was not clear about this, I have never suggested that 2.1 delay
its current release schedule...

Katie Haritos-Shea
703-371-5545

On Oct 5, 2016 2:41 PM, "Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL" <ryladog@gmail.com>
wrote:

Dear WCAG WG,

After a polite, in the background, dressing-down from Andrew, which is his
job as chair, I would like to apologize for the tone of the following
statement:

​​​​​“…….Waiting would be more prudent, but calmer heads do not seem to be
listening. They are listening to the very AC Reps of companies who would
just love to see Section 508 and the ADA updates be undone, delayed or
expelled….. ”

This is the first time in my 16 years on this working group that I have
been asked to keep a respectful tone. And, I didn’t do that.

But, hopefully, for those who know me, it just shows my level of
frustration and concern that we are painting ourselves into an untenable
corner, by thinking we can or should, try to build this standard like a web
language or software application - in an agile fashion that we can fix next
month. Those technologies are not taken up by civil rights laws and
policies around the world. It is just not the same thing, and can’t be
treated the same.

Additionally, my statement is still a very real concern.

I am asking for compromise here, again, there is a space between 10 and 2
years for saying we will provide a new standard.

** katie **

*Katie Haritos-Shea*
*Principal ICT Accessibility Architect (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)*

*Cell: 703-371-5545 <703-371-5545> **|* *ryladog@gmail.com*
<ryladog@gmail.com> *|* *Oakton, VA **|* *LinkedIn Profile*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/katieharitosshea/> *|* *Office: 703-371-5545
<703-371-5545> **|* *@ryladog* <https://twitter.com/Ryladog>