Re: WCAG MINUTES August 30, 2016

On 30/08/2016 17:37, Marc Johlic wrote:
> Minutes from August 30, 2016:
>  http://www.w3.org/2016/08/30-wai-wcag-minutes.html

Just a note about "4 Touch with Assistive Technologies", and in
particular the concerns that it's too touch-specific and AWK's comment
that this can also be a problem for desktop + AT, where AT remaps
keyboard inputs: in case it was not mentioned, the Mobile A11y TF was
also planning to submit an SC specifically about "Keyboard with
Assistive Technologies" that mirrors the same sort of issue, but for the
keyboard scenario that AWK mentions. (I've been spearheading a whole
series of input-related SCs that cover most input scenarios)

One possible workaround, which I'm floating to the TF now is to perhaps
combined the "Touch with AT" and "Keyboard with AT" to a more
generalised "Input remapped by AT" SC, which would allow the SC to
remain more input-agnostic and high-level, with specific techniques that
should then follow which illustrate how the SC can be satisfied for
different input types.

Patrick H. Lauke