Re: Parallax and vestibular disorders

The WCAG 2.0  SC is only designed to detect content that is provocative for causing seizures.

VR, movies with unsteady hands and many other things can cause nausea.     That was not the target of the current provision.   Those are not disabilities.

Remember that the Guidelines are restricted  (at least they were) to accessibility issues — things that disproportionately affect people with disabilities in ways that substantially affect their ability to use Web Content.

That said it HAS been shown that PATTERNS can also cause seizures.  It is much more complicated though — and there is no free tool for evaluating content for this so it was felt that we could not make an SC where there was no practical way for authors to test for conformance.

ALSO - If people with disabilities are disproportionately affected by the nausea triggering content — that could be a reason to create a provision.   But you would have to have some tool that reliably measured this — and a criteria for when something would pass or fail.   That would be your biggest challenge.

gregg