Re: Do we want a Biometric Alternative SC in WCAG 2.1?

On 22/07/2016 00:21, David MacDonald wrote:
> yup... we currently require any input including Bio-metric,to be
> keyboard accessible, but perhaps there is room for more.

Requiring a non-keyboard input device to be keyboard accessible seems
counter-intuitive.

> It might fit into Patrick's wider "input" conversation, categorizing
> input devices (camera, shaking manipulating, etc.) into three broad
> categories, with perhaps a special category. It's a conversation in the
> mobile task force that has just begun but I guess will spill out because
> of it's general nature.

Agree this is an important conversation. It's a broad ranging discussion
though, and one I think might be better suited to whatever comes after 2.1.

When 2.0 came along we were still largely in the realms of
mouse/keyboard. Now we're in the realms of input abstraction (in the
form of Pointer Events for example), and myriad input devices - not all
of which bear any relation to either mouse or keyboard.

Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem