RE: ‘Functional Performance-like’ SC for WCAG 2.1?

From: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL [mailto:ryladog@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:07 PM

I agree Jason with the sentiment, but the SC are the requirements of WCAG so the 12 Guidelines and 4 Principles do not get built in or tested for….
[Jason] My suggestion was to fix that problem directly instead of introducing additional requirements. I don’t think adding mostly redundant “functional requirements” (where the principles and guidelines already state them anyway) would be a good idea, but having the principles and guidelines tested for and implemented directly, in some circumstances, makes good sense.
I think this discussion almost certainly exceeds the scope of WCAG 2.1, but we also need to be thinking about the post-2.1 version and how it should be designed.

Thank you for your compliance.