Re: Re[2]: (WCAG 2.1) Do we want to replace ​"programmatically determined link context" in 2.4.4 with "Accessible Name"?

Yes, that right (nice to see you looked that up JF...:-)

I actually think we do *need* to include and address AAPI access,
differentiated from ARIA (not instead of - its not an either/or
distinction), and how semantic html can use, expose and leverage these
components. AAPIs are *not* inherently blind- centric and can be leveraged,
as well as ARIA if desired.

The advantage of leveraging AAPIs is that they provide the rationale and
natural mapping for good semantics in html. And they inherently do deal
with interactivity.

Katie Haritos-Shea
703-371-5545