Re: Re[4]: Should we drop any WCAG 2 SCs in 2.1?

> We may at some point want to think about establishing filtering criteria
that would show a list of SCs without WCAG 2 stuff that we (almost) never
fail people on anymore.

I'd truly struggle with that David - even the notion that some A and AA
requirements aren't important enough "to show" is, to my mind, damaging.

>From my perspective, I would want to test all of WCAG 2.1, both the easy
stuff and the hard stuff. If most developers get things right out of the
gate, then cool, shorter testing time, but I'd struggle to filter out SC
based upon preconceptions - sometimes it is, in fact, the "easy stuff" that
trips people up.

I'd also like to strongly suggest that a filtering view (etc.) should
likely be left to tool vendors and/or EOWG, who were responsible for that
wonderful Quickref we have today. I think the WCAG WG should stay focused
on:

   - first, determining our numbering scheme (scheduled for next week's
   call I believe),
   - second, establish what new SC we are going to add (or modifications we
   are going to propose),
   - third, work on "Understanding" documentation (we likely already have a
   lot of what would be needed for that, but it would need to be written up to
   follow existing "Understanding" documentation - I don't think a wiki page
   would cut it),
   - and fourth, get some Techniques for Successes and Failures written up.

JF

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist