Re: Should we drop any WCAG 2 SCs in 2.1?

Hi David,

I don't think I'm understanding the question - I can't see how we could
remove a SC from a WCAG 2.1 and preserve a backwards-compatible path to
2.0.

Again, WCAG is about content requirements AFAIK, and while techniques and
patterns can come and go, the principles and Success Criteria remain, and I
would be concerned about dropping a Success Criteria simply on the basis
that newer technologies seemingly make it easier to achieve any individual
Success Criteria. That, in and of itself, would not justify removing a
requirement in my mind (only make it simpler for content authors to meet
the Success Criteria).

Can you elaborate more please?  Thanks.

JF

--