Re: Should WCAG2.1 provide requirements or guidance on buttons vs. links?

>> If these are “failures”, they would be so according to the existing
success criteria as you indicate. Besides possible clarification of 3.2.4,
are there other issues here that would need to be taken up in the
development of WCAG 2.1 (the Guidelines, not the non-normative Techniques
or Failures)?

 I'm suggesting they be introduced in the 2.1 suite because the WCAG 2 only
requires that controls be keyboard operable, not that a control is
activated with the standard keys, and the web is a bit wishy washy now on
links vs buttons, so we'd have to put a stake in the ground on the
difference, and make decisions on the grey areas, like opening a dialogue
box.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*