Re: Jonathan's concern: Zoom in responsive drops content

agree it is too strict.

Two thoughts Jason

1) linearizing a table must be done in both directions since sometimes you want to compare columns and sometimes rows.

if you want to do both — then only the table works

I worry that tables are tables for a reason —  (and not linear lists)

I would suggest that if you forces tables to linearize that were too wide for the page — you would see a user revolt amongst most users.

And that still leaves Maps and all the other examples.

and we can’t use lists for exceptions

We need to figure this out   (how to clearly define when it should or should not apply) without using any judgement.

And we also cannot include the phrase “user can” in the SC since we don’t know who the user is…   (another trap we kept falling into and climbing out of in the WCAG 2.0 work.

gregg