RE: Jonathan's concern: Zoom in responsive drops content

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 2:23 PM

I think it's on the right track ... although we may want to bump up the minimum in 2.1 from 200% to 300% or 400%, (or 800%?) that should be the LVTF's call.
And will have to consider Gregg's exceptions, and how to address them.... perhaps by using. Maybe limiting the requirement to blocks of text (not in a data table) or something.
[Jason] You could limit it to blocks of text outside data tables and user interface controls. However, an interactive map of Antarctica, for example, where selecting a point displays further information, is arguably one large UI control – so that proposal probably doesn’t work unless we’re more specific about what kinds of control we mean to allow.
Something along the lines of “where the spatial layout of the content is not essential to its use for the purposes for which users are intended to read or interact with it” might work.

Thank you for your compliance.