Re: Re[2]: Color Contrast (was RE: Coming to a decision on 2.2 - which has long since been lost in this thread)

> Why do you consider it a loophole? Is it not understood that for focus indicators need to satisfy colour contrast/luminosity ratios?

We seem to all agree they should but this does not seem to be directly covered by the success criteria.

I believe a similar missing need exists When selection and focus are indicated by the difference in luminosity of background and not by shape.    Consider a selected page tab that was medium gray and the others a light gray.   The selected state is indicated by color difference and it's not clear if SC 1.4.1 would apply.  Even if it did apply and some other marking was added there is no requirement that the marking have sufficient contrast.

Future updates or extensions need to clearly address luminosity for visual indication of keyboard focus and address color differences used for selection.

Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone